Experienced Senior Tax Consultant | M&A
Who we are looking for
We are looking a new colleague for a role of Senior Consultant to be part of our tax M&A team. An ideal role for someone ambitious, with a strong desire for learning and development.
This would be a good opportunity to be exposed to complex projects, to be in touch with all taxes and to discover the insight of all industries. You will be involved in tax M&A projects, but also in subsequent phases of the transactions, having the opportunity to gain full image of the process and business of our clients.
Besides being tax consultants, we are Formula 1 fans, animal lovers, travelers, hiking enthusiasts and Netflix marathoners and we are awaiting for a new colleague to complete the list or add a vote to the existing hobbies.
The right candidates should meet as many of the following requirements:
- University degree preferably in finance or accounting; other fields are accepted as long the subsequent work experience is relevant;
- 3-5 years of professional experience in tax field. No need to be specialized in all tax areas, no M&A specialization required, we’ll help you learn the tax M&A world quickly.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, initiative and business awareness;
- Well organized and able to identify and juggle with priorities;
- Professional and pro-active approach to deliver high-quality work;
- Very good interpersonal and team-playing skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Romanian and English);
- Strong report-writing skills, including advanced use of MS Office tools;
As a Senior M&A Consultant,your most important responsibilities will include:
- Proactively assist in delivering M&A tax projects for a wide variety of industries, by working in close cooperation with Managers and above;
- Advising clients on M&A tax matters – SPA advisory, pre and post structuring consultancy;
- Participate in client meetings, proposal/pitching stage;
- Train and lead more junior staff and contribute to your own and your team’s development;
- Develop business relationships within Deloitte network.
If you recognize these in yourself, as a next step, get in touch and we can start working together on how best to join your interests with our ambitions.
What we offer
Great perspective for your career
- exposure from day one to various industries & a high diversity of tasks, projects and clients of well-known brands, both local and international
- the chance to work for the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, four years in a row (Catalyst)
- well-prepared care process for newcomers / peer learning and coaching program
- the opportunity to lead projects/teams at an early age
- on the job learning from some of the best experts in our country
- Free access to lifelong learning opportunities through trainings in Business Skills, Technical Knowledge, Professional Qualifications, Soft Skills, depending on your needs
- thousands of online courses (on LinkedIn Learning, Udemy for Business, GetAbstract and others), on almost any topic you want to learn about
- support in obtaining ADIT, CFF and other Tax certifications
Focus on your needs
- competitive compensation
- a budget to spend on benefits that suit you, on top of your salary! Choose from a long list, up-to-date with the current reality (private medical insurance, food vouchers, vacation tickets, private pension, high range of online store vouchers and many more)
- monthly teleworking allowance to cover your expenses while working from home
- 25 vacation days & 2 sick leave days /year
- bookster subscription & corner at the office social area
- employee assistance program: free legal, financial, psychological & health support
- travel insurance for professional & personal trips
Flexible working experience
- hybrid work & flexible working hours. Teams set their team days and client office days, plan office presence together and communicate it clearly
A culture of friendliness and acceptance
- open colleagues, an environment that encourages everyone to enjoy their job and express their opinions freely and leaders whose doors are always open
- recurring well-being programs to support your quality of life; an environment that supports everyone’s mental and physical health
- 2 volunteering days/year paid by the firm, to support a cause of your choosing
- the opportunity to volunteer for projects supported by Deloitte in partnership with non-profit organizations, with focus on education. Currently, Deloitte volunteers are involved in our Happy Bubble center, the first educational center for Ukrainian children, a joint project between the Deloitte Foundation and World Vision Romania
In Romania, the services are provided or supported by Deloitte Audit SRL, Deloitte Tax SRL, Deloitte Consultanta SRL, Deloitte Accounting SRL, Deloitte Fiscal Representative SRL, Deloitte Tehnologie SRL, Deloitte Support Services SRL and Deloitte Shared Services SRL. With more than 3,000 professionals, Deloitte in Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes, as well as technology services and other related services. To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters, please visit our website.
About the team
Deloitte is a variety of people, experience, industries and services we deliver in 150 countries of the world. It is an intellectual challenge, a good starting point for your career, and an excellent opportunity for continuous development and gaining valuable life experiences. What you only must do is to take the first step – press the apply button and send us your CV, go through all the stages of the recruitment process and sign a contract with us. Deloitte is simply your best choice.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.