Operational Risk Control,VP #229200
This role will be focused on functioning as a key team member to assist with the management of the ESG Reporting controls compliance across all aspects of the ESG Reporting control lifecycle as well as managing positive relationships with partners with-in the ESG Reporting Controls Framework, GF ESG Reporting team and across the organization.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Role
The open position, based in Pune, is a key role within the global ESG Reporting Controls Program. You will function as an ‘ESG Reporting Controls Deputy Key Account Manager’ (corporate title = Assistant Vice President), focused on the ESG Reporting Controls compliance program to support the publication of the annual Sustainability Report.
ESG Reporting Controls Compliance Officer
- Function as a deputy representative and manager for ESG Reporting Controls compliance team
- Assist in the timely delivery of processes to support the controls compliance program, resolving problems as they occur throughout the control’s lifecycle with-escalation, as required
- Manage a team of 3 to 4 AVP’s.
- Help in the coordination, communication and management of the controls program including management of the design, operating effectiveness, control, and process deadlines as well as other control program requirements.
- Monitor, manage and resolve policy, standard and/or framework quality assurance exceptions. This needs close collaboration with process and control owners
- To support partner’s documentation of ESG key controls in the MARCS control inventory, and compliance with SOX 404 principles over the documentation and testing of ESG controls in the MARCS
- To manage the generation of End of Year MO1 and MA packs for senior management sign off
- Support with the End 2 Ends (E2Es) of ESG quantitative disclosures to identify, document and agree testing plans for key controls with stakeholders/ owners of the key controls
- Assist with the management of the global book of work across all phases of the ESG Reporting Controls cycle. This includes management of the tracking, monitoring, and reporting Group issues and metrics status and requires close coordination with control owners and local supporters
- Perform issue assessments on matters arising from many channels (e.g., reported operational incidents, internal audit reports, etc.)
- Assess and document the severity of identified ESG control deficiencies
- Prepare and collate slides presented in the various management, committee meetings and the senior management annual sign offs, with timely delivery to control program leadership
- Perform a variety of other control framework relevant projects and ad-hoc requirements, which may include alignment with, and projects associated with the ESG Reporting control framework
- Liaise closely with counterparts who work in associated controls teams (Global SOX 404 Compliance BPC and ITC and CFO QAR) and Sustainability Report ESG Reporting Controls Program team
- Build and manage key relationships across different functions and seniority levels
You will be working within the ESG Reporting Controls Program team. The ESG Reporting Controls Framework has the mandate to manage compliance of the ESG quantitative disclosures in the Sustainability Report with the ESG Reporting Controls Framework rules. The team has resources based in both London and Pune. The team is part of CFO Risk & Controls Office, led by a Managing Director based in Zurich.
CFO Risk & Controls identifies, manages and measures the operational risks within CFO functions through key CSG level programs such as Group SOX 404, General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO), ESG Reporting Controls Framework and Regulatory Reporting Programs. It is also responsible for carrying out planned and ad-hoc Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) across CFO and certain support departments.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Credit Suisse Group AG has been acquired by UBS Group AG. Credit Suisse continues its business activities as a subsidiary company of UBS Group AG, including selective hiring for experienced professionals.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- CPA or Chartered Accountant and/or have 10+ years of controls relevant experience
- Achieved either at the Big 4 (on multinational integrated audit engagements, which are PCAOB compliant) or at a multinational bank (within SOX 404 compliance, ESG controls, Group Finance, Internal Audit, etc.)
- Understand SOX 404 control requirements – proficient in both theoretical and practical
- Understand the annual cycles relating to control compliance, financial reporting and external audit
- Experience and understanding in financial services and understand how a multinational bank operates
- Understand typical processes and key SOX controls within a multinational bank
- Experience working on an international team and interacting with colleagues both locally and overseas
- Relationship focused and able to build and handle various relationships across the organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Efficiently and effectively articulate and communicate with partners at various seniority levels
- Organized, hardworking committed, with outstanding analytical skills and have the ability to meet strict reporting deadlines
- Dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure
- High level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.