EY Ford Rhodes: Indirect & Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting Lead
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
- Maintain and enhance the sales and use tax compliance processes within SAP in relation to VAT & VAT withholding.
- Prepare VAT statements and reconciled with the SAP ledger, regularly review VAT GL accounts and transactions to ensure that VAT are properly recorded
- Communicate to Accounts Payable / Supply Chan & Billing team any issues identified during review together with proposed corrective action
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of VAT returns and other business related filings
- Provide support with various audits and special tax related projects
- Maintain and enhance the Income Tax compliance processes within SAP in relation to Income tax withholding.
- Ensure that the Income Tax withheld is deposited to tax authorities on prescribe time lines and submit return on timely manner
- Reconciled with the SAP ledger, regularly review WHT GL accounts and transactions to ensure that Income tax are properly recorded
- Keep proper record of advance income tax deducted at source by clients, utilities, financial institution
- Provide information to tax team on firm quarterly advance tax
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
- Provide support in reviewing tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections
- Provide or arrange to provide advise from an Accounting, Statutory, Tax reporting perspective that may be required by engagement teams or other functions in carrying out their respective tasks
- Supporting in Adhoc requests from the Finance team and service line Leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master's degree or relevant certification (e.g. CA, ACCA, CMA, MBA)
- 05 years of experience in Indirect or Direct tax
- In-depth knowledge to tax laws, regulations and compliance requirements
- Prior experience in liasing with tax authorities and handling tax audits
- Experience in tax planning, compliance and reporting for businesses operating
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software SAP
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex tax laws and regulations
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
What We Offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.