Auditor, Senior Associate, Hybrid (m/f/d)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Auditor, Senior Associate, to join State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI). In this role you will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Bank International and its affiliates. You will interact and communicate regularly with senior management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. The role can be based out in Germany (Munich/Frankfurt) or in Poland (Krakow/Gdansk).
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI) is a 100% subsidiary of the State Street Corporation based in Munich having offices in Frankfurt, Zurich, Vienna, Milan, Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Paris, Krakow, Gdansk and London.
Why this role is important to us
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for
As the Auditor/Senior Associate, you will be responsible amongst others for:
- Performing audit work using the Division’s audit methodology to identify and evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives.
- Obtaining and analyzing evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of the activities being reviewed.
- Reviewing and appraising corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards, e.g. prepare the work papers as required, use data analytical techniques, analyze the root cause, draft meaningful audit results.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to effectively work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally.
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in German and English – written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in business or related field
- Audit experience in public accounting (or corporate internal audit) and experience in auditing financial institutions and/or related experience managing complex audit operations or related projects (2+years)
- Thorough knowledge of German and European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions.
- Travel up to 15 % may be required
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.