Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant forensic/ audit experience preferable in big four or in any reputable multinational/ local organization.
Post Graduate qualifications – CA/CPA/ACCA and Masters or other relevant qualifications in forensic technology or law or equivalent professional qualifications such as CIA, CFE and ACAMS etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of forensic service offerings within the context of an independent accounting firm.
- Should have thorough knowledge and understating of the global/ local risk management procedures of KPMG and ensure its compliance in day to day operation/ forensic assignments.
- Independently handle small to medium range assignments.
- Contribute and assist management with respect to the business development activities of the department
- Participation in the client meetings, clearly understand the objective and scope of work, assist the team with preparation of the proposals/ terms of reference for the client
- Writing of relevant sections and/or complete forensic reports depending on the nature of the assignments
- Build knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as excel and power point etc and on the related forensic software’s/ tools e.g. I2 chart etc.
- Read and be updated on forensic material circulated internally (within KPMG) and also out side KPMG such as news papers, professional magazines etc.
- Further, continuously work on to develop skills and knowledge in the areas of fraud investigation, anti-bribery & corruption, fraud risk assessment, dispute advisory services etc
- Coaches less experienced staff in the department especially with reference to the risk management procedures, technical guidance on the assignment, preparation of working paper file, collection of relevant documents as support etc.
- Report to the respective performance manager/ team leader/ manager on day to day activities including the assignments.
Relevant advisory skills and behaviors
In addition to skills and behaviors above:
- Learns about the latest trends in KPMG's market, including competitor activity
- Identifies possible business opportunities and advises manager or partner
- Initiates action to move a situation forward
- Works autonomously with minimal need for guidance
- Takes responsibility and accountability for the work and performance of others
- Volunteers for extra/additional responsibilities when the department needs help
- Identifies, documents and shares knowledge that might be useful to others
- Seeks out developmental opportunities (new projects, training, work with experienced and knowledgeable professionals)
- Provides clear directions to others
- Coaches others
- Adapts behavior to different situations or different people
- Maintains good relationships with others even in difficult situations
- Looks for opportunities to work productively with others
- Uses a range of techniques to analyze an issue
- Identifies ways to analyze information quickly and efficiently
- Suggests innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Reviews the accuracy of team members’ assumptions and conclusions
- Communicates honestly and openly, even with difficult messages
- Expresses ideas and self with clarity; sticks to the key points
- Notifies a manager or partner when it seems that a request is against KPMG values, standards and practices
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Plans tasks effectively (breaks down projects into manageable tasks, sets milestones, identifies resources, etc)
- Monitors how projects are progressing against the budget and deadlines
- Strong forensic background and experience in the related forensic field (accounting, law enforcement, forensic technology and legal experience is preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (proposal/ report writing, presentations) Excellent oral and written communication skills (proposal/ report writing, presentations)
- Fluent English – Verbal & written
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.