Senior Accountant to Light Manager
What do you want from your next employer?
- Enjoyment in what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
- Health, wellbeing, and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities including an active Social Club.
- Professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide, including Partner led-mentoring
- Competitive salary and flexibility options
- Commitment to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, including technical and non-technical training
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant, Assistant Manager or Manager to join our vibrant and growing Business Services team. You will be involved in working with a diverse range of clients from start-ups to family owned business and global entities. You'll focus on delivering high quality, value adding work while developing your career in a high performing team.
The Business Services group ensures our clients’ success by adding value in every aspect of their business through the provision of world-class advisory and compliance services. BDO's business advisers understand growth and success in the Australian and international markets and focus on helping our clients understand their business and provide practical strategies to help them succeed.
Day to day you will:
- Prepare a range of financial statements in accordance with regulatory, accounting and financial reporting standards across various industries;
- Prepare income tax returns for a variety of entities including companies, trusts and high net worth individuals;
- Perform various tax planning tasks for clients and preparing advice relating to business operations and regulatory matters;
- Providing a range of business and tax advisory services.
- As an Assistant Manager or Manager, you will also be responsible for managing staff and clients. In addition, your role will incorporate a larger content of more complex work, as well as a higher component of advisory matters.
About the team
We are a dynamic team, focused on ensuring client convenience, proactive communication and forward thinking. Our team members work together to help each other to achieve goals while actively seeking assistance from senior team members to help build their skill set to continue to enhance client outcomes.
What you’ll need to succeed
Being a team player is crucial to our success. Our team-based approach allows us all to get to know our clients and deliver on their goals and needs. Your background in business services, tax or accounting along with a common sense approach will provide a strong foundation for you to succeed in this role.
Additionally you will bring:
- Relationship building skills; we work as a wider Business Services team and you will need to liaise with various levels and teams across BDO as well as providing exceptional service to our clients;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability;
- Demonstrable experience in Australian taxation
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to work;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- For a Senior - you will be currently completing a CA or CPA qualification; as an Assistant Manager or Manager, we would expect you to be fully qualified.
- Knowledge and use of Advanced Professional Solutions (APS) and/or Xero is desirable.
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Michelle Lorschy on email@example.com for a confidential conversation. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
What we will offer you
- Flexibility - At BDO we have embraced the new working life with hybrid Working from Home (WFH), safety checklist for all WFH enviro, annual allowance for home office upgrades as well as other flexible working options, compressed hours and home-based work and are available to ALL staff based on individual and firm needs.
- Leave options - At BDO we offer annual, personal, carers, compassionate, parental (primary and secondary carers) and long service with the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Professional development - BDO offers genuine professional development with our market leading RISE program, local technical training, professional study support, on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Wellbeing - Above all else BDO cares about you! We offer discounted gym membership & health insurance, wellbeing workshops, group fitness classes, active social club, workplace giving, daily breakfast and fresh fruit and an inclusive culture where you can bring your true self to work.
- Diversity - At BDO this isn’t just a buzz word! We embrace the diverse world that we live in with our workforce reflecting the clients we service throughout the world. We encourage our staff members to bring their true self to work each and every day. This was capped by being named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.