Alpha Front Office Services - Associate II
Who we are looking for
The position will support and maintain the production processing of client recordkeeping environments. The position will interface daily with the client’s front office management and act as a subject matter expert and escalation point. Position has daily Client SLA’s and must ensure the team meets internal deadlines in order for the client to trade on time.
Why this role is important to us
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Portfolio Services, Trade Settlement, Performance, Reconciliation and others, and act as a subject matter expert for Front Office. Builds cooperative and professional internal/external relationships and utilizes all available resources throughout the organization to achieve company, team, and client goals.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the team by developing a strong risk management and controlled environment.
- Eliminate risk incidents and inadvertent data disclosures.
- Confirm the completion of the review and verification of the staff's work on a daily basis, enforcing stringent procedures and controls.
- Assist in the review and verification process as needed. Ensure documentation protocols are followed.
- Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations and implement.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to other employees; including training for new team members, and cross training for existing team members.
- Research complex issues and inquiries.
- Resolve discrepancies and take action on complex and escalated matters from external clients and internal departments.
- Ensure documented procedures and checklists are maintained and up to date.
- Determine impact of activity to other areas.
- Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
- Interface with senior level internal and external clients and other departments on complex matters and inquiries.
- Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics.
- Engage in complex special projects and assignments including new client onboardings.
What we value
- Performs work independently and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects.
- Develops processes, procedures and controls.
- Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients.
- Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting
- 0-2 years related industry experience including operational experience
- Working knowledge of Domestic and International financials and all related instruments
- Understanding of operations
- Strong willingness to learn and attention to detail
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problems solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, balance workload and work in a deadline oriented position
- Ability to meet aggressive SLA Deadlines
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $43,680 - $62,400 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.