Intern - Tax, Indirect Tax, Asia Pacific Tax Centre (Winter 2023)
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle across APTC. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Centre ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multi-national companies.
Work comprises of three core components:
- Delivery of operational excellence initiatives that drive strategic business growth for our clients - Operating Model Effectiveness ("OME").
- Digital Indirect Tax initiatives advising our clients on external digital factors impacting our clients business strategy and operating model, as well as how to optimise internal operations from a technology and data perspective to respond to external drivers for change and differing tax administration compliance initiatives.
- APAC wide indirect tax advisory engagements comprising both global trade and VAT, providing our clients with the APAC solution
Your Key Responsibilities
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations
- Assist in developing and delivering quality OME and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner
- Thoroughly analyse client information. Prepare quality practical approaches to the client's situation
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team member
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Commitment to the delivery good quality work
- A team player
To qualify for the role you must have
- Pursuing a university degree related to Accountancy, Business, Business Analytics, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills in business English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Good IT knowledge
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with indicative full-time availability
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about careers in EY, please visit Careers at EYor connect with us on social media (Facebook or Instagram) to hear from our people about their EY careers.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.