Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
This is the Fund Accounting First Line Manager role responsible for managing the daily operations of the team, leading the team and working closely with higher management in order to meet the business unit goals and objectives.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting – Senior Associate you will
- Assign work and supervise the flow of daily operations and be the subject matter expert for process
- Monitoring team daily operations, be able to aware of potential risks and make improvement of the process; professionally organize 1:1 meeting with team members; work closely with manager and timely provide feedbacks and valuable suggestions; confidently and efficiently communicate with home site, maintain good relationship with home site;
- Be able to professionally resolve issues and provide help to colleagues, maintain the healthy relationship within the team;
- Professionally review 6 processes, including bookkeeping, capital call/ distribution package (schedule/ notices/ driver report), financial statements (balance sheet/ income statement/ schedule of investment and other required financial statements), bank reconciliation, partners’ capital account statements, client reports (audit confirmation, deal slip, LP reports, cash ledger, LP register, etc.)
- Monitor the deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables; be able to flexibly arrange work among the team;
- Update and maintain procedures for all tasks/activities and work with the Manager to ensure all corporate compliance, risk policies and SOP’s are adhered to by the team;
- Be accountable for all the assigned tasks, resolve complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables;
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals;
- Assist Manager in making enhancements to the daily operating model; be active of taking responsibility in supporting project, migrations, etc.
- Coordinate On-The-Job training for staff members and assist the Manager with staff development and succession planning;
What we value:
This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (including minimum 1 year experience in managing a team or a group) in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment; big four/ accounting firm/ fund house work experience is preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline;
- Advanced knowledge of MS office;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented, owner’s mindset, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required;
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability.