Manager Group Consolidations
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation. Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
See yourself in our team
The Group Consolidation team is a specialist team that supports internal and external stakeholders with accurate financial reporting, consolidation and analysis of the Group’s performance. The team provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Committee and Board through operational accounting advice, creation of the Annual Report, board papers, management of the period end close process and monthly management reporting of the Group’s balance sheet.
Your role is to support the Group CFO, Executive Leadership Team and the Board in making efficient and confident decisions on the investment portfolio and inform them on the effectiveness and efficiency of the portfolio.
Some of the key areas you will be providing support and leadership across include:
- Developing forecasts and analysis of the internal investments portfolio for senior management and project stakeholders.
- Analysis on the efficiency, effectiveness and yield of the investment portfolio to the Group CFO, Executive Leadership Team and project community on the internal investments portfolio.
- Ensuring that a robust due diligence process is undertaken on external investments.
Do work that matters:
- Manage the consolidation of over 200 entities across the CBA Group to ensure accurate reporting of the Group’s monthly results.
- Partner with all aspects of the business and BU Centre Finance teams to challenge financial submissions and determine the financial accuracy of Group’s result.
- Undertake detailed analysis of drivers for the Banks performance across key areas of the Banks balance sheet and profit and loss statement in addition to being responsible for the production of the Review and Assurance Packs (RAPs) for key disclosures of the Bank.
- Assists in the construction of board papers and deliverables to the executive committee and leadership teams as well as assisting in the year end audit and delivery of working papers to external audit.
- Interrogates data using multiple systems to ensure disclosures are accurate and fair representations of the Banks performance and checks for reasonableness of the changes applying commercial acumen.
- Assists in the finalisation of the Annual Report for print and release to the market including reviews financial statement disclosures for errors in accounting and audit assertions.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in professional services or audit experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven experience in report writing and presentations preferred
- Excellent commercial acumen with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under time pressure, manage multiple requests and deliverables simultaneously and reprioritise work flow accordingly
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills and proven ability to work in a team
- CA or CPA qualified and Big 4 background preferred
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 25/10/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.