Role – Assistant Accountant
Location – Leeds, LS15 8GB (Hybrid working once completed training)
Salary – £22,000 - £24,000
Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, with 20 years’ experience, helping over 750,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery.
Supporting the Assistant Management Accountant & Management Accountant in ensuring that accurate financial records are maintained, financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed and that the company’s assets are safeguarded.
Working with the Assistant Management Accountant to maintain an accurate, complete and well-organised purchase ledger
- Ensuring that all invoices and credit notes are correctly logged in a timely manner Ensuring all supplier statements are reconciled to the purchase ledger
Monitor and address customer account query emails
- Ensure that the customer account queries inbox is checked daily, and that emails and queries are responded to in a timely manner with attention to detail to avoid any errors
- Categorising all emails received and maintaining the payment request file Identify any trends or errors to be able to ensure SOPs are amended and training provided to customer services staff as required
Develop Processes & Procedures
- Suggest and develop processes to improve the efficiency of the team – specific to job role.
- Formalise the existing processes into Process & Procedure documents
- Numerate Ability to use Excel at intermediate level Ability to use Outlook at intermediate level Proven ability to work both as part of a bigger team and individually A proven problem solver – proactive in identifying issues within area of responsibility Ability to prioritise and organise tasks and workload
- 1 year experience working in a relevant role – purchase ledger Experience of working in a pressured environment, delivering against tight deadlines Experience of working within company and ethical rules and regulations Experience of working in a highly accurate environment
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Grade C or above Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level Have a degree in a relevant subject – Accounting, Finance, Maths or Business OR be actively studying for an Accountancy Qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
What we will offer you
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service plus bank holidays. Occupational Sick Pay Brand new head office at The Springs, with discounts on leisure facilities close by. Contributory pension Blue Light Card Employee discount site. Plus 25% discount on staff health and beauty purchases Social events throughout the year Free onsite parking and refreshments as well as a Cycle to work scheme Employee Assistance Programme (includes Online Health and Wellbeing Resource)
Key Words - Assistant Accountant, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA, Accountancy, Finance, Maths, Business
Applicants must be able to prove they have the Right to Work in the UK