Interim Dynamics 365 Systems Accountant
My client is embarking on a Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation.
My client is a large Public Sector organisation based near Cardiff
The Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations Finance Functional Lead will be the D365 F&O system subject matter expert for the group and its subsidiaries that will implement efficient automated business processes that will ensure our financial statements are accurate from all the functional processes that use the system and meets the requirements of our Internal controls operating model.
- The role is not responsible for a cost centre budget as there is an overall Finance Transformation budget, however the role will be responsible for the specific project costs.
- Finance system configuration projects will vary in size and timescales which range from new feature enhancements through to creation of new processes, functions and entities that comply with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Projects delivery timelines can range from 3 months to 12 months depending on the complexities of the configuration.
- The role will work on multiple projects over parallel timescales to meet the go live timelines for the business with considerations of planned Microsoft upgrades.
- The role will have 1 direct report but will also use third party support services from the Microsoft Dynamics partner channels and will use temporary resources as required for project-based work.
- The role will work within a team of 6 which includes IT support.
- The role will plan annually and as part of the overall Finance Transformation programme
Main Accountability's of role (not limited to);
- Responsible for implementing new processes, functions, entities, and maintenance of Dynamics 365 (D365) F&O for the group and its subsidiaries by undertaking process optimisation to ensure best fit processes are run as part of the overall target operating model.
- Responsible for transforming the business requirements into configured processes within D365 F&O by using the Microsoft configuration documents to ensure the system works to the business needs which will include business process analysis and creating the functional design documents which define the functional and non-functionals requirements for implementation, configuration, and user acceptance testing.
- Be the D365 subject matter expert for designing solutions by providing advice and resolving complex system issues so D365 F&O is running efficiently to ensure the integrity of the data and the financial statements.
- Take ownership of the design of bespoke D365 solutions, which may include complex integrations or significant module changes by writing complex functional specifications to ensure the system files are maintained and included as part of the configurations.
- Design D365 F&O specific solutions that meet the business needs by preparing and conducting business requirements workshops to ensure the D365 F&O is configured to incorporate the requirements and manage and reconcile conflicts that can occur during these sessions.
Ideally a Qualified Accountant in any of ACCA, CIMA, ACA. CCAB.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Dynamics 365 F&O with Project Accounting and able to interpret IFRS for configurations.
- Working towards accredited Microsoft D365 F&O Functional certifications.
- Experience of implementing Accounting IFRS standards and principles into a finance ERP system using ERP Financials, Project accounting & Financial Ledger.
- Demonstrate experience of non-finance business processes into D365 F&O and how this results to impacts of financial statements.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and clearly articulating system driven processes to influence and deliver change.
- Experience in Microsoft DevOps, Project Management. Planning tools.
- Experience of full cycle implementations.
- Knowledge of public sector accounting and control frameworks.
3 - 4 month interim role
Salary c £500 per day (Inside scope IR35)