Client Accounting Team Leader
On behalf of our client, a Corporate Service Provider, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Client Accounting Team Leader to join a team of experienced and dedicated professionals on full-time basis. Reporting to the Managers of the Client Accounting team, the Team Leader will be entrusted with a portfolio of clients to manage and build a lasting relationship with and entrusted to manage and mentor junior members within the team.
* Managing and mentoring more junior members within their team, and liaising with management and other senior colleagues in the reviewing of the accounts of the more junior team members in the department;
* Being a point of reference within their team and assisting in solving high level technical accounting queries, supervising and assisting other team members with their daily tasks;
* Organising frequent catch-up meetings with their team, to monitor the progress of their own portfolio of clients as well as for any general feedback which may arise;
* Completing the management accounts of their own portfolio of clients, including where applicable, managing the annual audit processes to provide the auditors with the required information in a timely manner to meet statutory deadlines;
* Preparing and submitting of VAT Returns of their own portfolio of clients;
* Ensuring that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of their clients, as well as their team’s portfolio, are completed in accordance with statutory requirements and client deadlines;
* Liaising closely with management with regards to clients’ requirements from an accounting perspective, focussing on ensuring and improving the quality of service provided;
* Reviewing of financial statements (including the complex disclosures);
* Reviewing of VAT Returns of other team members;
* Being involved in the ongoing monitoring undertaken by the accountancy department for compliance purposes;
* Being a champion within the team and promoting internal procedure and best practices to the team in performing its functions;
* Identifying any areas which their team, as well as the entire department, may require training in and liaising with management to prepare and deliver such training sessions;
* Assisting management with writing articles about relevant matters to be published on the company website;
* Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
* Highlighting and report significant matters on general accounting issues arising to management;
* Assisting management with ensuring that all the team members meet all statutory deadlines (for VAT Returns, Accounts, Tax Returns, etc);
* Assisting management in securing new business and informing potential clients of services offered within the department and across the group;
* Involvement in client meetings in relation to their own portfolio and also to be involved in accompanying more junior members in client meetings;
* Assisting management in the bi-annual performance appraisal process of their team;
* Reporting to management on a regular basis;
* Any other ancillary duties which the Team Leader may be asked to perform.
* Minimum of two years senior level experience in a client accounting environment.
* Fully qualified by a recognised accountancy qualification
* Ability to use Microsoft Office programmes like Excel, Outlook and Word as well as SAGE.
* Very good command of English, both written and spoken. Solid communication skills, with proficiency in speaking and writing.
* The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information, whether it’s information for the company or for individuals.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team.
* Ability and confidence in the technical aspects of client accounting and VAT (and related areas).
* Problem-solving ability and highly organised.
* Eagerness to learn and support in different sectors.
* Be able to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments.
* Social and happy to work in a dynamic environment.
* Team oriented, and keen to engage with colleagues as team fit is the key.
* A self-starter, highly organised and have an eye for detail.
* An attractive remuneration package and progression plan, commensurate with knowledge and experience;
* Performance bonus;
* On-the-job training and mentoring from industry professionals;
* Opportunities to attend industry events;
* Hybrid working;
* Flexible hours;
* Longer weekends - on Fridays our office closes at 2pm!
* Family culture;
* Regular team building & departmental events;
* Study leave;
* Subsidised Group health insurance;
* Free parking.