Analyst - DS Energy Acct 3rd Party
Perform and support daily operations of the Hydrocarbon team specifically SOPUS Third-Party Settlements process. Provide proactively issue resolution to support E2E process and value chain in the Hydrocarbon area. Deliver assigned activities and drive for operational excellence within the team.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Challenges
Accounting and Reporting
- Operate complex scope in the area of Third-Party Settlements with different dimensions (ex. material & high value transactions of third-party vendors; including active participation in different business engagements; focal point roles assigned; effectively operate controls support TM/Specialist in etc.)
- Has a very good knowledge of the respective own sub process and use general knowledge on E2E HM/MHI Process.
- Give constructive input to the issue resolution of the team; take over identified actions and different types of requests from stakeholders assigned by the TM/Specialist
- Ensure effective KPI analysis by identifying root causes, implementing and monitoring improvement plans; present results from own area of accountability to different parties within Hydrocarbon Community and Business
- Proactively raise issues to be discussed with Super Users, Process Experts and Leadership Team to drive operational excellence and effective Control Framework, escalate if needed
- Team support - use VMs to raise concerns and issues provide supporting documentation/information to Specialist/TM/ STM and to different stakeholders
Governance and Assurance
- Ensure compliance with all Global standards and streamline policies (i.e. OMP policies and IFRS standards)
- Provide information and explain all the concerns on the process/Control Framework to internal and external auditors including facilitation of the walkthrough or talk-through meetings
- Understand and implement the corresponding financial controls associated with the process to mitigate financial reporting risks
- Ensure timely storage of evidence on task carried out in Global Records Management System.
- Provide information to direct stakeholders timely, accurately, and professionally
- Facilitate calls in addressing own issues and other team member's non-complex issues
- Procuring and maintaining sufficient depth of business knowledge in the team where this can be applied to identify errors in activities and value add.
- Identify and assist in developing solutions for issues identified for operating units in scope of role
- Apply ESSA (Eliminate, Simplify, Standardize, Automate) mindset to drive process simplification and improvement