EY Ford Rhodes: Assistant Director Finance - Statutory & Tax Reporting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
The Opportunity: your next adventure awaits!
We're looking for an experience Manager to become a part of our Core Business Services (CBS) team. You will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability.
- Manage and oversee operations of local and outsourced accounting processes which includes month and year-end process, AP/AR, general ledger and balance reconciliations, capital assets reconciliations
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles which should include regular review, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger; continuous systems review, provide recommendations, improve systems and procedures, and initiate corrective actions
- Creation and maintenance of compliance calendar ensuring timely submission of external financial reporting deliverables
- Analysis of statutory reports and commentaries
- Work collaboratively with regional and offshore shared services team to achieve reporting deadlines with accuracy and integrity
- Liaising with internal and external auditors with respect to financial audits and coordinating with other parts of Finance and Business to provide audit requirements
- Actively participate on month end close to identify and post statutory ledger adjustments
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and related audit schedules
- Preparation of information requested by reporting authorities
- Preparation of statements and carry out reporting as per requirement in each country
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all firm tax forms
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of firm income tax returns and other business related filings
- Manage and facilitate income tax audits, preparing responses, creating schedules, etc
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections
- Prepare projected Cash Flow statement and update on monthly basis
- Provide support in Budgeting & Planning, provide information to regional team
- Supporting in Adhoc requests from the Finance team and service line Leadership team
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master's degree or relevant certification (e.g. CA, ACCA, ICMA, MBA)
- 7-8 years of Finance & Accounting Experience in analysis & reconciliations including preparation of Cash Flow
- In-depth knowledge of corporate tax laws, regulations, and statutory compliance requirements
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software SAP
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex tax laws & regulations
- Excellent attention to detail & organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
What we offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.Because building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.