The primary responsibility of this role is to act as financial controller for three large Luxembourg companies, driving quality accounting and compliance outcomes.
- Develop and enforce strong financial control disciplines in three large and complex companies, including in particular implementing robust audit trails and documentation behaviours
- Conduct documented reviews of accountants’ work to the standards of a leading global organisation, with particular emphasis on balance sheet accuracy
- Oversee processes with complexity, including in particular capex data, intercompany accruals and invoicing and intercompany reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with VAT filing and record-keeping obligations
- Liaise with tax experts to enable timely and appropriate corporation tax filings
- Liaise with financial reporting team to ensure appropriate management of complex accounting matters
- Ensure timely and accurate filings of financial statements in accordance with Luxembourg law and with appropriate Board consultation and review
- Act as interface for both our external auditors and the Group Financial Controller in respect of queries, balance sheet reviews and data requests
- Conduct formal monthly balance sheet reviews with the Group Financial Controller
- Oversee timely and accurate monthly accounting activities and support the Group FP&A team with quality management of P&L and capex performance and reporting
- Collaboration with peers (EMEA, US and Data business controllers) to drive consistent standards excellence in accounting and financial administration
- Team of three accounting and finance staff
- Regional controllers and accountants as peers
- Group Financial Controller
- Treasury team
- Group financial reporting and consolidation team
- Tax team
- You are a qualified accountant
- You have an understanding of the compliance requirements for Luxembourg companies
- You are familiar with what financial controls look like, including in particular structures for separation of preparation and review and accounting documentation
- Familiarity with SAP and S/4HANA in particular would be useful
- You are comfortable with deep, consistent and fluent collaboration with Finance colleagues and with auditors
- You are able to work on complex problems jointly with colleagues
- You are fluent in English
- You believe in collaboration and joint goals
This role is based on Malta
Our team is multinational and collaborative and our corporate language is English.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.