Finance Operations - Senior / Manager
Join a team that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and tools to help you execute your job.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with some of the largest clients in Malaysia and MNCs from a finance perspective covering the following functions:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Report and Budgeting
- Accounting Receivables
- Accounting Payable
- Treasury Operation Services
You will be part of a dynamic new business with many opportunities to enhance both your skills, career development and experiences. You will also have the opportunity to learn from other high performing individuals within the EY team as well as benefit from leading edge training and materials to help in your development.
Your key responsibilities
- Preparing annual budgeted financial statements including financial analysis, inputs and insights for strategic exchange and resource allocation activities.
- Involved in the timely preparation and submission of individual/group audited financial statements, management reports and other financial information in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and Company policies.
- Planning and maintaining accounting activities for month end and year end closing by adhering to timeline and ensure completeness and accurate maintenance of accounting records.
- Planning and organizing efficient and effective daily operations of Accounts Payable with timeliness and precision.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical, good advisory and writing skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Numerate and detail oriented and working with large amount of data
- Good understanding on Finance processes and technology
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in Accounting, Management Information System, Information Technology, Finance or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA & ACCA) is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in deep functional finance operations
- Have project management skillsets
- Flexibility to undertake secondment at client’s premise, and open to contractual employment arrangement
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience and knowledge of day-to-day finance and management reporting processes, treasury accounting, and financial reporting.
- Experience working in a professional commercial environment or in the Oil & Gas industry (Upstream, Gas & New Energy, Downstream)
- Experience in SAP system implementation and business process transformation is an added advantage
- Experience in Power BI is an added advantage
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, manage a team and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.