Manager – Internal Audit & Risk
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
BDO's Assurance and Advisory teams provide a full range of risk solutions to help our clients navigate a diverse range of challenges, changes, and opportunities. The risk assurance and advisory solutions we can provide include:
- Risk Management
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Strategies
- Crisis Management
Our Risk Advisory Services (RAS) team in Brisbane is looking for an experienced Internal Audit professional that can lead the delivery of RAS projects, client matters, building team performance and actively supporting the Partners in running the leadership of the team.
This is a client-facing consulting role utilising your extensive experience in delivering various types of internal audits covering operational, financial and performance internal audits together with health checks, and ‘deep dives’.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in building and mentoring a team of highly skilled internal audit and risk staff.
- Manage a varied portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on risk, controls and assurance
- Supervise and undertake fieldwork and prepare written reports or deliverables of a high quality and standard, adhering to budgets and timelines
- Drive the continuous improvement of current practice processes, tools and methodologies
- Drive growth initiatives and business development of the practice while working with Partners / Associate Directors and other service lines across the broader BDO team.
What you’ll need to succeed
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of experience in an Internal Audit role gained within the Consulting/professional services industry.
You will also need:
- Accounting or business-related tertiary qualification
- Certifications or qualifications relevant to the role (CIA, CA, CPA, CISA, PRINCE2, etc.)
- Experience with IIA Standards and Practices
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Management systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, TechOne, etc.)
- Experience in developing strategic and annual internal audit plans, enterprise-wide risk assessments and framework reviews
- Demonstrable experience working with senior stakeholders across a broad range of clients
- Strong working knowledge of key business risks and an understanding of IT related risks
- Experience with developing and reviewing internal audit scopes and statements of work
- Extensive experience in process mapping, risk and control identification
- Significant experience in presenting to Senior Management, Boards and ARCs
- Exposure to latest better practices/methodologies/frameworks in regard to risk management, project management, records management, procurement/contract management, governance, legislative compliance, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, well-being, workplace giving, and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
For immediate consideration please click Apply or for further information please contact please contact Maria Aniceto on maria.aniceto@BDO.com.au. Learn more what we offer at BDO.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.