Senior Manager - Technical Accounting
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
Join us as we revolutionize the treatment landscape and help improve patient lives worldwide.
Baxter plans to spin off our ~$5B Kidney Care segment into an independent, publicly traded company. The new standalone entity will leverage our nearly 70-year legacy in acute therapies and home and in-center dialysis to provide best-in-class care to the people we serve. With its own investment priorities and enhanced management focus, the company will be better positioned to pursue growth opportunities and invest in innovation. We will build on our leadership in the kidney care space, fueled by our steadfast focus on innovation, our passion for patients and their families and our expertise in operational excellence.
This is where you can make an impact.
This position will Interface with a broad spectrum of Finance and non-Finance personnel globally – both in the businesses and across Corporate functions such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Stockholder Services and Legal. This role provides high visibility access to senior leadership supporting Baxter’s global Finance organization. This is a key role within the Controllership function and the forefront of companywide strategic initiatives and events.
What You'll be Doing
- Lead the team to review the accounting considerations associated with the ‘Recently Announced Strategic Actions’ in the 2022 Form 10-K , specifically the Form 10 for the proposed spinoff of our Renal Care and Acute Therapies product categories into an independent publicly traded company.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP to research accounting guidance for complex accounting transactions and provide well-documented accounting conclusions including, but not limited to, business development activities such as business combinations, divestitures, joint ventures and investments.
- Monitor GAAP and SEC developments and lead the implementation of new accounting and disclosure standards.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for applicable accounting matters
- Responsible for the quarterly impairment process of definite and indefinite-lived assets and the annual goodwill process
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and implementation of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Act as a contact person to global accounting teams on matters such as interpretation of accounting policies, advice on complex and/or judgmental transactions, preparation and delivery of accounting trainings
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- 7 plus years of relevant work experience. Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm preferred.
- Key experiences in one or more of the following: financial reporting, stock compensation accounting, pension, derivatives.
- Strong technical, research, and analytical skills.
- Close attention to detail, quality, and control.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, organizing, prioritizing and communicating effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills; experience with Hyperion a plus.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $112,000 to $216,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses and long-term incentive. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.