Associate - Tax Reporting & Strategy
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You’ll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Handling full set of accounts and perform month end closing in a timely manner
- Prepare management reports and other accounts related matters, including AP, AR, GL
- Ensure proper maintenance of documentation and filing to support all accounting entries
- Preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with local accounting requirements
- Undertake any other ad-hoc accounting assignment
- Communicating with clients and gathering information about a client’s account and timelines
- Liaison with auditors, tax agents and company secretaries
- Generation of monthly billings to clients and monitor collections
- Recognized University Degree in Accounting or Professional qualification or related disciplines
- Must be familiar with accounting standard and framework such as MFRS, MPERS, GAAP, etc.
- Good command of accounting knowledge
- Experience in outsourcing environment an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software (e.g. UBS/MSD365)
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English Language with confidence
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement, change and the challenge to make it better
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
Additional application instruction
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.