Assistant Finance Manager
Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our Canterbury office on an 18 month fixed term contract.
We are so much more than just accountants, business, and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
Assistant Finance Manager
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Finance Manager to join our longstanding and friendly Finance team where you will play a key role. You will be working collaboratively with colleagues and developing key relationships with Services Lines and technical leads to ensure a seamless client experience and full compliance with internal policies and external regulation. Your role will involve a variety of work and will be variable depending on demand.
- To be able to support, supervise and complete the Accounts Payable, staff expenses reimbursement, credit card and disbursement allocation processes.
- Ability to mentor and help develop junior staff “soft” skills, particularly in relation to effective communication, team working and workload management.
- The confidence to escalate matters of concern quickly and efficiently. Collaborate with DPB & Compliance Partners to ensure full compliance.
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients.
- Team player, willing to help and support others.
- Attention to detail.
- Quick learner.
- Customer focused, friendly and confident manner.
- Experience working in a Finance Department.
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, BMI Health Assessment, GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn, 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only), Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified - we place high value on what our people care about and recognise the important role we have as a business to create long-lasting positive change, using business as a force for good. Our environmental, social and governance programme is aligned to four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing,’ 'Quality education,’ 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action.’
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.