Testing Project Manager - Associate
As a member of the Firmwide Finance Business Architecture (FFBA) team, you will work closely with Project Management, Corporate Tax, Financial Control, Lines of Business, Operational teams and Technology to collectively deliver Tax Data and Technology automation for VAT processes. This role will involve the responsibility of independently leading the testing strategy for multiple Tax projects with a diverse set of stakeholders across different geographies.
The Tax Data Enablement and Program team, as part of the FFBA team, is looking for an Associate who will be part of a high performing team of project and data management professionals focused on delivering the strategic Tax Data & Technology Transformation Programme.
- Lead all UAT forums involving a diverse set of stakeholders in coordinating the testing strategy for the Tax Transformation – Currently, this will be for Income Attribution Projects (Canary). In future, this will likely extend to Tax Data Lake and Electronic Invoicing projects
- Own the Tax Programme’s testing strategy and creation of UAT test plan, whilst seeking partnership from project all stakeholders to incorporate all required testing events
- Lead the daily testing coordination efforts, involving the coordination of UAT data loads, the collation of testing scenarios from testers, tracking of test progress/completion, defect triage, and coordination of testing signoff
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of all testing metrics in JIRA by leveraging dashboards, as well as documentation of test progress on Confluence to evidence UAT exit criteria
- Maintain a robust communication plan in communicating the status of UAT to project leads, in addition to swift escalation of testing risks and issues
- Ownership of the team’s release management function, in addition to the preparation and coordination of Production implementation plans
- Execution of data quality testing on behalf of the Tax Data Enablement and Program team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- 3+ years of program and/or project management experience required, with particular focus in Testing and/or Testing Coordination is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with desire to submerge into the detail of a topic, issue or deliverable to understand the underlying concept
- Self-starter; proven ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
- Keen attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- High proficiency in key MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio), JIRA and Confluence
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Understanding of a Finance / Accounting processes within Banking, with some awareness of the month end close process
- Experience with Agile project methodology and work environments
- Ability to lead across department and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in preparing high quality presentational materials and documentation
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.