Financial Crime Screening Analyst
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals, natural gas, electrical power, and CO2.
This particular role will be supporting the Trading and Supply Business.
Reporting to the Financial Crime Screening Team Lead, the FC Screening Analyst is part of the Financial Crime Operations team within the Global
Financial Crime Team. The team undertakes Counterparty Screening – the checking of potentially adverse information relating to a counterparty that may impact our willingness to transact with them.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Responsible for reviewing and assessing overnight screening and enhanced monitoring alerts.
- Undertake desktop research using a combination of publicly available and commercially licensed IT tools and data sources.
- Maintain records of daily screening activity for periodic Management Reporting.
- Participate in monthly Quality Control activities as requested by the Team Lead.
- Support the periodic review of process manuals to ensure these are up-to-date and fit for purpose.
We are looking for candidates who have the education to a degree level or above (or equivalent work experience), in addition, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) & Know Your Customer (KYC) policies/processes.
- Understanding of high-risk jurisdictions and their associated risks, global sanctions requirements, the risks of dealing with Politically Exposed Persons, and corporate and complex entity structures including Special Purpose Vehicles, Trusts, and Funds, including identification of Ultimate Beneficial Owners.
- Professional experience in a screening role in a Financial Institution (Wholesale, Commercial/Corporate, Investment Banking) and/or large Commodities or Trading House.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English - C1.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy (MS Office suite products: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.