Senior Finance Manager - Group Strategy and x15
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, property and procurement.
Group Operations Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and as well as supporting the Chief Operations Office, Property, Procurement and the Groups Support Units, is responsible for co-ordinating the Group’s long –term approach to simplification and cost reduction.
Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) is part of Group Operations Finance and partners with the senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy (including x15ventures), Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end-to-end finance functions for these businesses and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation. The team manages an annual P&L spend of ~$1.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~50% of the Banks senior leadership team.
Business you will support: X15 (part of Group Strategy) combines the best of enterprise and start up. Leveraging CommBank’s strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver groundbreaking stand-alone digital businesses. The x15 business serves a portfolio of different innovation ventures and their respective customer groups.
Do work that matters
This role reports directly to the Executive Manager Finance: Group Strategy and x15 ventures
The role includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Supporting the integration of Waddle into x15. This includes integrating a newly acquired entity into x15 and CBA and ongoing management and financial reporting requirements;
- Business partnering and role of trusted advisor to senior leaders across the businesses you support. This includes working with the relevant finance teams across the organisation;
- Delivering on all financial management and control aspects including forecasting, financial reporting & control, capital management, governance and reporting to Executive Leadership Team and / or Board;
- Building finance capabilities & process improvement for new ventures;
- Managing deliverables and stakeholders and ensuring the team always delivers quality information, on time; and
- Help drive team goals and priorities, including a strong and vibrant team culture.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary Qualifications – hold a tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline;
- Accounting qualification – CPA or CA;
- Excellent commercial acumen;
- Strong analytical and commercial skills, with demonstrated ability to draw insights from analysis;
- Attention to detail and quality;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, innovate and drive results;
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus;
- Due diligence or investment evaluation experience (preferred but not essential);
- Experience with building finance capabilities across venture capital or early stage businesses (preferred but not essential); and
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 08/10/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.