Finance Analyst - Everyday Business Banking
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Everyday Business Banking (EBB) is a key client facing business within the Business Banking (BB) division of the Commonwealth Bank.
Everyday Business Banking supports the needs of our business customers to pay and be paid, and to save and invest. The team comprises the Deposits, Merchants, Customer, and Analytics, Data & Decision Science (ADDS) teams. The products owned by the team are distributed by Business Banking and Institutional Banking customer segment teams.
EBB Finance provides specialist finance services and advice to effectively support the business to enable effective performance management and decision making by various stakeholders. Everyday Business Banking (EBB) is a key client facing business within the Business Banking (BB) division of the Commonwealth Bank.
The activities of the role include:
- Business partnering
- Monthly performance reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Consolidation & management reporting
- Deep-dives and ad-hoc analytics
- Financial and non-financial risk control oversight
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include;
- Management of month end reporting cycle, half and full year end reporting
- Consolidation of the EBB monthly result and month-end flash to the EBB LT
- Everyday Business Banking finance budget processes
- Partnering with and supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support and providing commercial advice and input
- Focus on risk and controls in relation to the financial management of the business
- Uplifting financial controls environment with both financial and non-financial risk control oversight to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Engagement with BB finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Working with BB finance BI platform focused on identifying areas of commercial value
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of financial data, including reconciliation to underlying Product Systems
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis processes
- Participate in strategic projects and business case development as required
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable
- CA/CPA/CFA qualification
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- SQL, Alteryx and Tableau (BI/MI tools) experience an advantage
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 07/10/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.