Funds US Accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,300 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Fund Accountant (Credit Funds)
Location:Carmel, IN or Chicago, IL
Alter Domus is currently seeking a Fund Accountant to join our Credit Fund Administration team at our Carmel, IN or Chicago, IL Office!
- Process and track daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund clients;
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and complete work with little direction;
- Exhibit time-management skills by developing and executing specific goals in an agreed upon timeframe;
- Handle daily case activities and notices on assigned funds;
- Obtain approval on correcting discrepancies and missing information;
- Prepare cash and journal entries;
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions; and
- Understand the governing agreements between Alter Domus and the client.
- High-performing accounting graduate;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- Background in private equity or public financial services a plus
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 4,500 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.