Accounting and Financial Reporting Expert
At BBH we value diverse backgrounds, so if your experience looks a little different from what we've outlined and you think you can bring value to the role, we will still welcome your application!
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find a collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately we want you to have rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage. Our BBH Cares program offers volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
Join us as an Accounting and Financial Reporting Expert
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Accounting and Financial Reporting Expert to join our Alternative Investments Team. The person filling this position will be responsible for stand-alone booking of accounting transactions and preparation of financial reporting package. As an Accounting and Financial Reporting Expert, you’ll report to Team Leader based in Cracow who will support you in your daily activities. The position requires the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of the general ledger accounting system.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Month-end closing preparation
- Preparing/reviewing accounts reconciliations
- Preparing/reviewing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting including financial and regulatory
- Preparing/reviewing annual statutory financial statements
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all tasks
- Acting as a point of contact for stakeholders
- Providing support for external audits
What we offer:
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Professional trainings and qualification support
- Thrive Wellbeing Program
- Online benefit platform
- Contracts for an indefinite period with no probation period
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in finance industry, accounting, or audit background
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience is an asset
- Proven accounting, statutory reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent computer (MS Office) and interpersonal skills
- Very good English
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work accurately while meeting strict deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.