job description: Accountant
- Reporting to: Finance manager
- Location: Office No 2&3, Floor 4, Askari Corporate Tower, Lahore
- Hours: 40hrs, 5 days across a 7 day period
- Salary range: From Rs 240,000 per month
- Holiday: 17 days leave + Public Holidays
- Benefits: provident fund/medical cover/subsidized transport service/role related studies/evening meal
- Probation period: 3 months
As the Accountant, you will be responsible for the financial management and administration of the business, including the financial accounting, controls and helping support and develop the team.
Your ultimate objective is to ensure that reports and accounts produced are complete, accurate and compliant with legislation as well as delivered within agreed financial timetables.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain appropriate systems and cost-effective, timely procedures and controls such as cash management, vendor payments, Ownership of the final Trial balance (P&L and Balance Sheet) produced each month. Providing assurance to leadership that the balances are complete, in standard and accounted for correctly. Ensuring close off deadlines are met. Responsibility for audit standard support schedules to support all balances in the trial balance Oversee the timely and accurate preparation and submission of regular journal imports and other cost reports to headquarters Providing guidance and training to Associates and other members of the team where required. Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance team and senior management team; assess any changes necessary. Responsible for Preparation of Schedules for various accounts including Assets, Accruals, Prepayments, long-term Loans etc Assists with projects relating to financial reporting/accounting operations initiatives, as assigned, such as VAT reconciliation, third party payment reconciliation, Intercompany matrix etc Participate in continuous improvement activities such as preparing guidelines and templates of a particular reporting process, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing the change through automation or initiating a change request for automation of the process. Conduct regular internal audit of financial transactions, Analyse key Balance Sheet accounts and report on anomalies and take steps for resolution within the reporting timeframe including quarterly Balance Sheet reviews including analytical review and enquiries with management to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Giant accounting policies. Support Finance Manager with any Ad Hoc tasks Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end closing steps. Provide support as required on cost and revenue reconciliation including recording in relevant month as per accounting standards and Business needs.
- A degree in finance and/or accounting is preferable. ACCA qualification with 2-3 years post-qualified, relevant work experience involving financial accounting procedures and reconciliations. You must be able to understand how to produce accounts from ledgers to financial accounting standards. Must have great enthusiasm and attitude for the role, a high level of resilience. Strong written and verbal communication and emotional intelligence. Have previously had responsibility for month end tasks Attention to detail is a must Experience producing management accounts Previous P&L and/or Balance sheet responsibilities Ability to work to tight deadlines An eye for efficiency opportunities and the ability to surface these up for consideration Experience within IT service industry will be preferred Significant analytical skillset Strong Quantitative abilities Strong influence and interpersonal skills High level of commercial acumen Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Up to date on accounting standards and policies
- Proficient in Microsoft office, excel for pivot tables and VLOOKUP is required. Understanding and striving to achieve the giant people values is essential. Good people skills and the ability to help others to learn