Manager, Loan Operations
Loan Operations Manager
Responsible for a Loan Ops team which services mortgage loans, commercial loans for clients across Northern Trust. Provides management oversight and leadership in the performing of the tasks within the Loan Operations team. Conducts performance management and career development processes, staffing and disciplinary actions. Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work within the Loan Ops team.
- Responsible to set up and monitor the most effective processes are in place with a focus on quality control.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- Provides input and support to budget management process.
- Responsible for Foreign Exchange transactions with subledger G/L impact
- Reviews governing documents for Borrower-In-Custody process. Understands transaction closing governing documents related to commercial loans.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required.
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- In-depth Banking Knowledge is required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills are required.
- Working experience and knowledge of risk management and mitigation is required.
Work with us:
We work hard to create an inclusive environment where every individual feels respected and empowered to play a critical role in our success. But we also believe balance isn’t just important – it’s essential. That’s why we offer a robust set of benefits that allow for both a compelling career and a fulfilling life:
Financial – Life Insurance, Disability Plans, Pension/Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work-Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Paid Community Volunteer Days
Professional Development – Career Paths, Educational Assistance, Recognition Program, NT University, and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to an inclusive culture
Health & Well-being –Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social Clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.