Manager / Director - Enhanced Due Diligence
We are the Non-Financial (NFR) group within the Institutional Securities Group (ISG) management function. NFR is responsible for managing several non-financial risks across ISG, including but not limited to Compliance, Supervision, Conduct, Client, Financial Crimes, and Product Risk. As an in-business risk management team, we partner with our ISG business stakeholders, as well as the technology groups and 2nd line control functions to understand business needs and their associated risks, execute on practical solutions, and maintain a global governance, monitoring, communication, and awareness strategy that underscores a culture of control excellence. Our team has a global presence with members located in New York, London, Mumbai, and Hong Kong. covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
Team: Enhanced Due Diligence [EDD]
Morgan Stanley clients and their associated parties are screened to meet AML / KYC requirements. Existing client are subject to ongoing screening against negative/adverse & PEP news
Primary Responsibilities (Day Job)
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Review EDD’s [escalations, notes, and matrix] that have been completed by Level 1 team
- Escalate any possible true hits to the relevant on-shore Global Financial Crimes team
- Review the quality of work delivered by the team.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Drive a culture of efficiencies/productivity
- Recommend enhancements to AML policies or procedures to ensure continuous improvement to overall AML or Screening processes.
- 5 - 7 years of Corporate Intelligence, due diligence; experience in the financial or professional services industries
- Managerial experience would be preferable.
- Solid track record working in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Understanding of AML / KYC
- Should exhibit comfort working with technology and the ability to learn and display proficiency on technical systems and programs.
- Proficient with MS Office
Skills and Qualities
- Team player who can successfully manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to think independently, form opinions, and make decisions
- Ability to anticipate ahead of time and escalate issues as appropriate
- Pragmatic and analytical problem-solving skills - consistently apply sound judgment
- Good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to apply sound reasoning when delivering work
- Successfully meet established deadline requirements – display efficient time management skills
- Possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently
- Experience in stakeholder management with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and Business Units
- Have the ability to effectively handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and recommend process efficiencies and Attention to detail
Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters (including India Public Holidays).
“Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.”For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.