Middle Office - Alpha Portfolio Services Operation Analyst, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with Clients, SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients. The Alpha Portfolio Services team is responsible for ensuring the Investment book of records is accurately maintained and ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms. The role will interact with the Clients (predominantly Front Office) and being a key liaison with various portfolio managers and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role will need to initiate and develop good communication and interpersonal relationship with business operations teams and IT and to maintain the high level of service that is currently being provided to all the clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst, A2, you will
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate and report discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Ensure client queries and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Supervising investigation and resolution of all reconciling cash and position items.
- Investigate and resolve operational and various IT issues (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution. Trouble shoot issues and provide resolutions to various impacted teams
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid knowledge in financial instruments, including equity, fixed income, bank loans, swap, OTC derivatives, etc.
- Technical ability and analytical skills are essential for this role.
- Fluent in English with verbal written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, naturally curious and passionate.
- Strong accuracy aptitude and detail orientation.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 6 months to 1 year related experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree. Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Portfolio Valuations reconciliations/Investigations experience is preferred. Candidates should be able to validate portfolio movements day over day and highlight any issues.
- Experience in Fund Accounting/NAV calculation will also be considered.
- Strong skills in MS excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Ability to write macros is a plus. Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
- SQL skill is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and deadline-driven
- Strong learning ability
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.