A significant role as Accountant Entity Controller for Credit Suisse's US based operating entities which involves:
- Posting of month end accounting journal entries across different products (e.g. Derivatives, Repos, Stock loan Borrow etc.) impacting external Financial Reporting.
- Acting as first point of contact for legal entity accounting issues/matters and acting as a financial controller for list of entities assigned
- Responsibility for various disclosure reporting requirements for these entities from a head office, financial statement and regulatory reporting perspective under US GAAP
- Responsibility for compliance with US GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Providing business requirements in support of infrastructure updates due to changes in accounting requirements as a result of new/revised regulations or GAAP
- Managing relationships with Credit Suisse management in New York, Zurich and Pune and other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison as vital with external business partners (auditors, regulators)
- Credit Suisse maintains a Flexible Working Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Financial Accounting (FA) is a global team responsible for the core accounting and financial statement disclosure reporting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The FA Americas team based in Raleigh is an excellent team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis / presentation, disclosure reporting, financial statement preparation and regulatory reporting for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse’s New York and Cayman Branches. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values
- We are looking for highly motivated applicants with Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in or relating to Finance with 1-2 years’ experience (qualified CPA and/or experience in Banking or Financial Services is a plus).
- Proven experience with US GAAP reporting requirements; detailed understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Be a self-starter with a positive and high-energy approach
- Possess effective social skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel with a proven track record to easily navigate through and work with voluminous spreadsheets
- Show initiative with a solid dedication to learn, and to multi-task while meeting timelines
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Demonstrate proactive approach to understanding and upholding high standards of control
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.