Finance Director [Bilingual] #855 @ Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods
Finance Director [Bilingual] #855
Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods
$80,000 - $90,000 + generous benefits & allowances
1-2 year FTC / permanent
Our partner is a leading conservation organisation. They are seeking a Finance Director to oversee the finance function; provide strategic analysis and advisory support; and financial & donor reporting following a period of growth in programmes and funding. The programme in the DRC is large and complex, and this role will suit someone with strong technical accounting, financial management and reporting skills, and an understanding of operating in the DRC.
- Financial oversight of the programme – this includes ensuring that there is a strong control environment, that policies and guidelines are properly understood and implemented, properly manage and account for income, and monitor banking, cash and cash advances and expenditure.
- Financial management – creation and review of the organisational budget, oversee the monthly close and reconciliations, and prepare financial & KPI reports, and cashflow management.
- Grants compliance, management and reporting – supporting in budget creation for new grants proposals, monitoring expenditure versus grants income, ensuring that all project finance activities are compliant with grants requirements, providing financial oversight to sub-grantees, and preparing donor/grants reports.
- Lead in the preparation of donor and other local audits, ensuring that the organisation is tax & legally compliant to the regulations in the DRC.
- Assess and mitigate financial risks
- A bachelors degree in accounting or finance; additionally an MBA or an accounting qualification is strongly preferred.
- Senior finance professional with at least five years of experience of leading the country finance function of a charity that is complex, both in terms of projects, but also portfolio of funding. Previous experience of working in the DRC is strongly preferred.
- Willing to be hands on, alongside offering strategic advisory support.
- Strong technical accounting, financial management, reporting and grants compliance, management and reporting experience.
- Significant experience in the compliance and management of grants from institutional donors, including the US and European governments.
- Effective communicator.
- Bilingual – fluent in French and English
- Willingness to travel to field sites as required.
The successful candidate will be based in Goma travelling to field sites once a quarter. This role pays c. $80,000 - $90,000, depending on experience. It is being offered as an accompanied posting, with very generous benefits and allowances.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.