Retail Finance Manager
At Next we have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Finance Manager to join our Retail Finance Team. The Retail Finance team are part of the wider Commercial Finance function, supporting the regional management of the retail business via your team of retail business partners.
You’ll need to be a qualified accountant with strong control skills as you’ll be managing and overseeing the financial accounting, reporting, associated costs, processes and financial controls in the area, as well as providing decision support, analysis and performance metrics. On a monthly basis you will prepare forecasts for retail costs which are presented to senior finance management.
The role is based at our head office in Enderby, Leicestershire and will be primarily office based.
About the role:
Retail Field Team support
- Along with your team of 4 business partners you will be actively supporting the retail regional and area managers make good financial and operational decisions
- Prepare and review information for a weekly meeting with key stakeholders to sign off new store openings, closures and investments. Additionally, you will be responsible for the biannual review of the profitability of the store portfolio.
Brands & Concessions
- Working closely with the retail field to team assess the viability and profitability of concessions/brands in our stores to maximise the return from the square footage from the store
- Monitoring instore trials/initiatives to assess return on investment / proposals for future rollout
Sales Forecasts and Targets
- You will be responsible for setting the sales forecast for retail stores and extrapolating these into store targets. The sales are used to measure individual store performance during the year and your team are responsible for working with the retail field team to adjust targets for any disruptions in each store
Retail Sale Reporting
- Next has 4 main sale events each year, you will monitor and communicate the performance of each sale to finance and the retail field team
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA Qualified.
- IT literate - Excel (Essential)
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information clearly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of work to timescales and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills are also required, confident in leading discussions and negotiating and influencing across all levels of the business.
- Experience of direct line management (preferred)
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Apply Before: 10/05/2023, 07:11 PM
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.