Manager - Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (Abu Dhabi)
- Manage and monitor multiple engagements and/or teams’ activities and commit to deliver on time and quality in line with expectations.
- Train and update teams on recent trends and upcoming changes affecting clients specific to primarily Public sector.
- Lead initiative to increase effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery, i.e. digital shift, standardization of workpapers.
- The manager will undertake KPMG’s internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures related to Internal Audit, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit Quality Assurance Reviews etc.
- Support Engagement Partners and lead business development initiatives including, but not limited to, Public sector, review of pre engagement activities, contracting and setting-up of meetings with prospective clients.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of engagement management, quality and risk management policies to streamline the processes specific to Advisory.
- Assist Engagement Partners, lead and initiate implementing new services, KPMG methodologies and tools.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Must posses a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Internal Auditing, Management Accounting or equivalent
- Must possess relevant and valid qualification such as CIA, , CRMA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CFE etc
- Must come with at least minimum 7-8 years of work experience in Internal Audit, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit Quality Assurance Reviews in consulting, ideally majority of their career in any Big 4 firm
- Must have minimum 6 months work experience in a managerial role
- Flawless communication skills in English & Arabic are essential to be considered for this role
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Experience of managing teams and working on approximately 3+ engagements simultaneously
- Possess an analytical approach and inquisitive mind
- Demonstrate leadership and team mentoring skills