Associate/Intern - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Regulatory Compliance (2024 Grads)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, asset management, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated assurance, advisory, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Within EY’s Financial Services Regulatory Compliance practice, you will participate in numerous projects and initiatives involving process reviews, system enhancements as well as new systems implementation, impacting and improving the relevant processes surrounding regulatory conduct, financial crime and compliance. You will also use your knowledge and expertise to implement challenging audit strategies and build strong client relationships. With the support of managers, you will extend your technical and business skills. You will progress quickly in our friendly, collaborative environment, supported by formal training, senior mentoring and exposure to a wide variety of commercial experience in the financial services industry.
You will be working together with the senior associates, managers and partners to plan, lead and execute engagements for financial institutions, regulatory conduct, financial crime and compliance for Banks, Capital Market Services Licensees and other financial institutions. You will perform regulatory related fieldwork and review of documentation to provide quality control over regulatory compliance processes. You will also make recommendations to improve policies, procedures and processes.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
- An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for details
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in regulatory compliance or related roles, in financial institutions or related professional firms is required as a senior associate
- Good excel skills
- Strong initiative to conduct analysis and research to under regulations
- Strong business English skills - both writing and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Prior experience in working within regulatory compliance function, especially in banks, capital market services licensees or related professional firms / strong knowledge in banking operations and banking products and services will be an advantage
What’s in it for you
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a virtual/on-site interview.
- Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents, together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Please note that applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world todayFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.