Senior Finance Business Partner
Senior Finance Business Partner (2782)
At Mazars we have multiple opportunities for you, with exciting career paths that will lead to progression within the firm. A diverse prestigious client list that can offer lifelong professional development with the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills.
“Mine, Yours, Ours, That's Mazars & Me!”
Are you a high performing, dynamic forward focused Senior Finance Business Partner looking for a new challenge? Due to growth, we are looking for an experienced finance professional to become a trusted advisor providing financial insights, analysis, support, and advice to business leaders to drive actions and decisions to achieve business goals. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, this is the role for you.
About the team
Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies, and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
About the role
We are looking for a candidate who is confident with finance business partnering with Business Unit and Service Line Leaders.
- Lead a team of Finance Business Partners in reporting of financial performance, trends and insightful commentary
- Support business leaders with the preparation and presentation of budgets and regular forecasts to reflect business strategy.
- Set a high quality standard for the rest of the team with preparation of clear, concise and accurate management information
- Analyse and interpret business performance data to support Business Leaders make informed decisions to improve financial performance
- Being proactive in identifying issues and providing solutions to drive actions
- Produce informative variance analysis, turning data into digestible information suitable for a senior audience
- Support the business prepare pricing proposals
- Support training of team members in finance processes and requirements
- Monitor compliance with income recognition principles and ensure costs are accounted for correctly and consistently
- Liaison with other areas of the business to ensure development and integration of all processes and knowledge sharing
- Develop and improve reporting to make it as accessible and useful as possible. e.g. including Power BI dashboards.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a candidate who is up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- We would like a candidate who actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge, through training and working closely with the business
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification (ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experienced in handling and accurately consolidating data/financial information
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience of Power BI (preferable) or willingness to learn
- Experience of Anaplan (preferable) or willingness to learn
- Previous experience or understanding of a professional services business
Mazars & Me
We want everyone to be rewarded and enriched by their professional life. So we come together to pioneer new ways of working; promoting psychological safety, flexibility with how you work – trusting you to make the right choices for the team, clients and the business – and balance in stimulating modern workspaces. We offer core benefits and then give people the opportunity to tailor extra benefits to suit their individual needs.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field. To read more about our approach click here
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.