Associate - Tax Payroll
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Payroll Services practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps organisations with evolving payroll legislation and provides specialist knowledge to keep our clients compliant and informed. You’ll support our clients with knowledge and experience of operating various payrolls and help deliver a smooth and efficient service that enhances the value we provide our clients.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing for client batch headcounts which covers data processing
- Preparation and submission of periodic statutory returns to the relevant authorities (Income Tax, EPF, SOCSO, HRDF, Tabung Haji, etc)
- Preparation and disbursement of approved net salary via electronic banking facilities to designated banks
- Issuance of payslips
- Provide payroll Statutory Compliance Services such as preparation of annual tax forms for employers’ and employees’ annual tax filing (Form E & EA)
- Preparation of relevant payroll reports for the clients
- Registering employers and employees with the relevant authorities such as Employee Provident Fund, SOCSO and Inland Revenue Board
- Notify IRB of new employee/apply for individual income tax file number
- Providing relevant advice to clients on applicable legislation in our capacity as payroll specialists
- Manage client deliverables to ensure that agreed timelines are met
- Risk management
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will support the team in building and leveraging relationships with clients, support sales process in developing proposals, and market propositions.
- You will support business development, thought leadership and research & development activities as appropriate.
- You will contribute to overall development and growth of the People & Organisation practice.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or other related fields
- Experience in end-to-end payroll processing is an added advantage
- Preferably with experience in a HR Shared Services, Outsourced or BPO environment. Those with in-house payroll experience and have handled large headcounts are also encouraged to apply
- Good knowledge of Malaysian employment laws, EPF, SOCSO, Income Tax and other statutory requirements
- Proficient in payroll software application, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Good customer service orientation and a strong team player
- A high degree of professionalism, meticulous and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.