Indirect Tax Associate
You will be the part of Indirect Tax team based in London. The team covers tax risks within the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) for a wide range of businesses including; investment banking, retail banking, markets (trading) businesses, private banking, asset management, treasury and custody services.
In this role you will be a key member of the Indirect Tax (VAT) team reporting to an Executive Director predominantly covering line of business oversight including advisory services with some supporting compliance.
- Analysing the line of business detailed model in several EMEA locations.
- Developing a high level understanding of the products of the relevant lines of business relevant to the locations.
- Understanding the line of business and providing ongoing advisory services. Advising internal stakeholders.
- Developing knowledge of local VAT regimes applicable to the relevant jurisdictions and transactions / products (both tax technical and practical).
- Communicating VAT risks succinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues and escalating risks internally within the team as appropriate.
- Reviewing tax compliance submissions
- Working with external tax advisors, as well as partnering internally with global Corporate Tax colleagues (including colleagues covering directs taxes) and non-tax colleagues (such as the Business, Legal, Finance, Operations etc.).
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Accounting or Tax qualification, e.g. CTA indirect tax route, preferable.
- VAT advisory experience preferably Manager level at Big 4 or equivalent in-house.
- A detailed understanding of UK/EU VAT principles, with knowledge/experience of VAT issues in the FS sector being desirable.
- A knowledge of VAT compliance requirements and processes.
- Strong communication and structured written skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to formulate commercially sound solutions
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Being able to work independently, managing own workload and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Functional knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and other applications is also desirable.
- Preferably a working knowledge of another language such as French or Spanish.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.