Associate/Intern - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Technology Risk & Compliance (2024 Grad)
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management andinsurance, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
The financial services industry is faced with unprecedented technology risks and challenges. The ability to identify and address these rapidly evolving technology risks is key to providing assurance to their stakeholders in support of their business performance and compliance to regulations. As a Technology Risk & Compliance professional within our technology risk extended assurance team , you will be focused on helping them achieve this goal.
Our Regulatory services in Technology Risk & Compliance are designed to provide financial regulators and financial institutions with assurance over the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of their IT controls based on industry and regulatory requirements, such as those from NIST and the MAS.
The technology risk professional helps organizations assess the technology risk maturity, third party risks and the design and operating effectiveness of the controls to address relevant technology and cybersecurity risks. You will be leading industry and regulatory assessment services that will directly support C-suite discussions and important business decisions regarding compliance, cost and quality of the organisations’ risk management programs. You will be part of a network of professionals across geographies and sectors, delivering services that will help verify compliance and improve the performance of our clients.
You will work with high-performing assurance teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organisations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world. This helps you build deep and professional knowledge across the various sectors in Financial Services in the Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Insurance sector.
You would help clients with assessing their overall IT risk profile, establish areas of assessment focus, highlight tangible areas of improvements and determine thematic risks based on industry and regulatory requirements. You are expected to be able to present our perspective of identified risks to the client Board of Directors, Senior Management or other delegate management bodies.
You would employ data analytics to assess the operating effectiveness of their IT controls based on regulatory, policy and other relevant stipulations.
You should be comfortable in a client-facing environment, be knowledgeable in the subject matter of Technology Risk & Cybersecurity, and possess strong project management, analytical and team collaboration skills. It is essential that you possess, and is able to demonstrate integrity and professionalism in the course of work.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team in close liaison with the engagement managers and other team members
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for details
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Tertiary education in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or similarly related discipline
- Strong understanding of technology risks faced by financial institutions. Candidates with no working experience in IT but demonstrate good knowledge and high motivation to learn about technology risks may be considered.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM will be advantageous
- Knowledge of internationally accepted IT or Cybersecurity standards and frameworks (e.g. NIST, COBIT, ITIL, ISO 2700x) is preferred
- Familiar with the Financial Services Industry
What’s in it for you
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a virtual/on-site interview.
- Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents, together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Please note that applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.