Narrative Reporting Manager
Narrative Reporting Manager (2714)
At Mazars you will feel a real sense of purpose, helping to create a fair and prosperous world, working in a culture that encourages you to be your true self at work with a focus on flexibility, balance and wellbeing.
About the team
The Mazars Accounting Technical Services (ATS) department provides technical advice and support to our audit teams, thought leadership internally and externally and some client education. ATS' work on narrative reporting; the front-end of annual reports, is expanding rapidly as a result of clients' and regulators' increasing focus on the area and particularly new requirements for reporting on sustainability.
About the role
- The Narrative Reporting Manager will be responsible for providing technical advice to audit teams on corporate reporting law and regulations, understanding and providing advice on good practice in reporting and hot review of the front-end of client annual reports.
- You will be part of a team that collaborates to manage a wide range of client reviews and deliver a high quality audit service to our clients.
- The role provides the opportunity to learn on the job and to work across a broad range of sectors and areas including: financial and non-financial measures of business performance, the rapidly growing area of sustainability reporting, corporate governance and explaining business models and strategy.
What are we looking for?
- A good technical understanding of accounting, and familiarity of UK company reporting law and government and FRC guidance on corporate reporting.
- An interest in how companies work, their reporting and effective investor communication through annual reports
- Experience of reviewing or checking written work against detailed technical criteria probably in an accounting firm on in preparing company annual reports
- Qualified as ACA, CA, ACCA or Chartered Company Secretary
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.