Group Controller (f/m/d) Medical Products and Therapies - EMEA
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter:
The Group Controller for MPT – EMEA, assumes the leadership across a group of manufacturing plants. This position will play a key role leading a group of plant controllers and their supporting teams. The scope of the role is end-to-end supply chain. Reporting directly to the MP&T - Global ISC Finance Leader. This role oversees an annual budget of $475M in value of production and $63M of inventory. This group of plants has a combined workforce of 1,054 employees.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a member of Baxter's ISC Finance Extended Leadership Team (ISC e-FLT), you will have responsibility for key work streams including compliance, reporting, influence and leadership.
These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides oversight of all plant related GAAP, SOX and Baxter policy requirements and has ultimate responsibility for their plants' financial records (P&L and BS).
- Provides relevant, accurate and timely communication of financial performance (past, present, and future). Includes oversight of month end closing, the submission of weekly pulses, the preparation of quarterly forecasts and budgets (annual and long-range plans).
- Support the standardization and modernization of ISC financial processes.
- Identify trends and opportunities for continuous improvement (both financial and operational)
- Develop and execute action plans to drive profitable growth
- Improve financial performance through analysis, mentorship, and accountability. Achieve committed financial results for KPIs including manufacturing variances, operating income, cash flow, capital investments and margin improvement projects (MIP).
- Actively liaise with process business partners (FP&A COE, FPO, BBS, Global ISC) in the pursuit of more efficient and effective ways of operating
- Actively develop the financial acumen of finance and non-finance team members
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or country equivalent) required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 15 plus years of experience in manufacturing or supply chain finance
- Background in standard costing, budget management and capital analysis and control
- Experience leading a team of controllers across multiple plants
- Working experience of identifying and implementing change
- Has effectively communicated at all levels of the organization in both formal and informal environments
- Experience in a global, diverse matrixed organization
- Maintains a strong presence, with the ability to manage indirect reporting relationships
- Experience working with Lean concepts and tools is preferred
- Comfortable working in ERP software (JDE/PRMS)
Have we sparked your interest?
If you like the sound of the above role, can thrive in a fast-paced working environment and are excited about working in a learning and growth culture, then we’d love to talk to you. Apply direct on our Online System. For further information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting to know you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.