Investment Performance Analytics Vice President
Who we are looking for
This is a specialist Performance & Attribution role within the London Performance & Attribution team. The team delivers Investment Performance & Analytics services to our growing client base.
We are recruiting a highly skilled and experienced performance and attribution professional to join the team in a leadership role as the senior technical specialist across performance measurement and attribution. This is a broad role, the technical specialist will work with all areas of the team including operational delivery, client service, change control, client onboarding and implementation providing expertise where needed to ensure we are delivering a best in class service to our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investment Performance & Analytics Manager, Vice President you will:
- Utilising expert knowledge and experience of performance measurement and attribution theory and application across equity, fixed income and alternative investments to provide the necessary support across all functions within the Investment Analytics team such as Equity, Multi-Asset & Fixed Income Attribution, GIPS, Change Management and with a key focus on Client & Product Implementations.
- Represent the performance and analytics team as subject matter expert and provide technical expertise, insight and analysis on various projects, both internal and client facing. Liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Drive the team forward, looking for ways to continually improve and evolve our service and promote industry best practice.
- Work closely with existing and prospective clients to gain a deep understanding of their requirements and ensuring State Street technologies, processes and people can continually evolve to meet these requirements.
- Utilise deep product and market expertise to assist client service teams and offshore operational teams with solving complex problems and responding to client queries. Build strong relationships with all colleagues and provide guidance where required to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our clients.
- Provide technical expertise on Performance & Attribution to clients and other internal departments at all levels.
- Share knowledge and train other team members to increase the skills of the team.
- Team management responsibilities to be expected.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior performance, attribution or risk related role with deep hands on experience delivering performance results.
- Expert level understanding of performance and attribution methodology including fixed income attribution. Experience with factor models an advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, data feeds, performance analytics and experience building data feeds for performance calculation engines.
- Strong people, numerical, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills with proven experience in developing and maintaining performance data models, reporting systems, data automation.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree and/or further degree in a mathematically related subject.
- CFA Essential.
- CIPM or IMC preferred.
- System solutions : Statpro Composites / Statpro Revolution / FACTSET / BiSam / Bloomberg PORT+ / Charles River IMS / MSCI Barra One
- Advanced Excel skills / SQL
- Hybrid position
- Occasional travel may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.