Assistant Manager/Manager - HR & Payroll - [Hybrid]
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance – whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
To provide mentorship for other team members and lead coordination of day to day operational payroll processing requirements for clients and management of workload of your Payroll & HR Services Team including any one off project work.
- Day to day management of your Payroll Services Team from an operational perspective
- Review of client’s pays
- Assist Head – Payroll & HR Services with training and development of payroll officers
- Assist Head – Payroll and HR Services with new client proposals
- Assist Head – Payroll and HR Services with new client implementation
- Administer ESS requirements
- Take ownership of project work, up to implementation stage, that will assist in enhancing client payroll processes
- Payroll System setup for new clients
- Assist with the setup of clients employees within payroll system
- Ensure accuracy and completion of payroll, PAYG and superannuation related processing for client payrolls
- Assist with calculation of terminations; including redundancies, dismissals, etc as and when required by clients
- Ensure accuracy and completion of calculation, lodgement & processing of IAS for clients(if applicable)
- Ensure accuracy and completion of calculation, lodgement & processing of State/Territory Payroll Tax for clients
- Ensure accuracy and completion of calculation, lodgement & processing of State/Territory Workers Compensation renewals for clients
- Ensure accuracy and completion of the preparation of funding request for payroll if trust or client account a/c is maintained by TMF
- Obtaining approvals for payrolls and payments from client’s authorised personnel
- Arranging for payroll and associated payment runs, by either EFT or BPAY and co-ordinate with authorised personnel to authorise them
- Follow up with clients, if client authorisation is required for payments
- Coordinate Global SLA requirements with your payroll services team
- Accurate input of client time in viewpoint
- Complete client work within budgeted time and report out of scope client work undertaken
- Review and ensure clients are billed for payroll services on a regular basis by your payroll services team
- Maintaining databases and other tracking tools as required
- Liaising with TMF office network as required in delivery of services
- Supporting management with initiatives to improve internal systems and process efficiencies
- To prepare and participate in regular performance reviews, team meetings and training sessions
- Ad hoc administrative duties
Job Specific Requirements
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a payroll
- Experience in payroll processing/management for up to 500 employees
- Superior working knowledge of payroll processes
- Superior understanding of Australian Taxation Office (ATO) Legislation as it pertains to payroll
- Superior understanding of Superannuation Legislation
- Superior understanding of payroll legislation across Australian States and Territories
- Superior communications skills both verbal and written
- Adaptable and able to respond in a positive and constructive manner
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to manage external SSC team
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements such as options for hybrid work (combination of work in the office and work from home)
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF
Applications close: 30 Sep 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.