Senior Associate - Corporate Secretarial
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Company Secretariat practice, within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team helps our clients ensure they are compliant with statutory obligations based on best practice and amended rules and regulations. You’ll help clients with board compliance and governance, corporate governance consultancy services, and health checks based on client’s secretarial arrangements.
- Responsible for overall operational effectiveness of the unit by initiating process reviews and improvements
- Manage portfolio of clients, including attending to client’s board meetings, incorporation of companies, registration of foreign branches / representative offices, members’ voluntary winding-up, striking-off, etc.
- To prepare directors' resolutions, members' resolutions, notices, discussion papers and minutes of meetings
- To prepare statutory returns for submission to the Companies Commission of Malaysia
- To update the statutory records
- Provide advice to clients on corporate secretarial matters in relation to statutory requirements / compliance, in accordance to the Companies Act 2016, Constitution, Company Law and any other relevant regulations
- To attend meetings / discussion with clients (together with senior / superior); liaise with third parties, such as bankers, auditors, CCM officers, tax agent, etc.
- Manage clients’ deliverables to ensure that timelines are met
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Possess CGI (ICSA) qualification
- Minimum 3 years secretarial working experience
- High degree of professionalism and integrity, ability to communicate with various level of management and keen to work in consulting and clients facing environment
- Good command of oral and written English and Malay languages
- Able to guide and coach juniors in the team
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.