Intern - Assurance, Financial Accounting Advisory Services Core (Winter 2023)
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
You’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will join our nearly 70,000 assurance professionals and experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
In your role as a FAAS intern, you will receive comprehensive training and guidance to develop your skills in providing finance transformation consultancy and accounting and finance advisory services covering one or more of the following areas:
Finance Applications, Processes and Analytics
- Support on enhancing and testing accounting processes and controls, including SOX controls
- Assist with internal controls remediation
- Participate in finance business process reviews to identify areas of improvement in clients’ finance applications and processes
- Support the development, configuration, and testing of third party finance applications for clients
- Conduct data analysis and provide recommendations to improve finance processes and systems
- Assist with project management activities for large scale finance transformation projects
Enhanced Corporate Reporting and Accounting
Aid the team in providing accounting support/assistance for areas such as: Adoption of new standards, restructuring of entities, development of accounting and reporting policies, GAAP conversions
Transaction accounting, IPO and Capital Markets
- Accounting support/ assistance for due diligence transactions, such as preparation of carve out financial statements under the guidance of the team
- Support post-acquisition accounting activities, such as Day 1 & Day 2 transaction support, and consistency in accounting policies
- Assist with IPO readiness activities such as preparation of pro-forma financial statements, process and control gap assessment
What we look for
- Currently pursuing a Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Enthusiasm in drawing insights and trends from financial data, combining data analytics with accounting and financial reporting skills
- Strong interest in utilizing technology to drive process improvements in finance and accounting
- Good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and understand financial systems and software
- Ability to learn and apply organizational and project management skills
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Develop deep understanding of finance transformation and analytics, gaining hands-on experience with leading financial software solutions and tools.
- Gain exposure to various industries and collaborate with experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- Flexible work arrangements
What you can expect
Candidates may expect a phone screening.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application.
Highest academic certification and transcripts
Please note that applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To learn more about careers in EY, please visit Careers at EY or connect with us on social media (Facebook or Instagram) to hear from our people about their EY careers.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.