Brazil NOV Asset Analyst
The Brazil Assets support portfolio through the Asset Analyst (JG5) position is strategically placed alongside the development and operating finance teams to support the successful delivery of the assets within a very dynamic operating, regulatory and commercial circumstances. The proximity to the Assets provides Finance a distinctive view to deliver value through meaningful performance analysis, commercial insight and cost leadership. This position will involve interaction with FitB, BPM team, Project Finance teams and Operational interfaces within FO – Asset PAR, Controller group, JV Accounting teams. This position offers a valuable opportunity to understand the complexities of the Oil & Gas industry, to gain advanced level SAP and data structures comprehension whilst we are pushing the Digital agenda. This position has been structured, to drive targeted growth in the quality of support that FO R&A provides to Brazil Asset team. Individual successes in achieving this growth will be highly visible.
Where do you fit in:-
This position would be part of the Reporting & Analysis (R&A) Deepwater team (of ~100 staff) which supports GoM and Brazil portfolio across Controllership function, Asset Finance, PAR including Reserves reporting. This role will report into Brazil Producing Assets Lead (JG3 - which includes support to both NOV and SOV portfolio in Brazil). This role will be working directly with the relevant Asset FM and the Asset Finance Advisors. This role will also be working with the Business GMs, OMs and various Budget holders. There would be natural working interfaces with the Brazil Controllers group, Assets PAR team, Projects & Wells team and JV Accounting team. With impetus to further our Digital Agenda, there would be strong working relation with the MI COE team for design, testing and deploying the digital solution within the Asset. This role offers a comprehensive view of life cycle of the Upstream Assets with primary responsibility/accountability around ensuring clean accounting and reporting for Opex/CAPEX/FEASEX. This role will be responsible for providing support to Brazil NOV Assets (both business and finance) and is required to contribute insightful analysis for the assets in scope for the Key KPIs (Production, Revenue, OPEX, CAPEX FCF).
What’s the role:-
- This is role will be an Individual Contributor role working alongside with other Asset analyst and Asset advisors (who would be supporting both SOV/NOV portfolio).
- Direct Finance/Business stakeholder group – Upto 10.
- Dimension Plan/LE numbers for 2022.
- NOV Opex – 1.3B
- NOV CAPEX - ~460M
- Understanding of the Upstream DW business model, Accounting requirements in close, Asset flash report including detailed MI, driving LE on a quarterly basis and OP on an Annual basis.
- Specific focus areas include – Handling and/or supporting a variety of financial/business activities - including responsibility/accountability for creating & maintaining WBS including hierarchy and AFE structure in SAP, define and manage allocation methods/keys, record budget & release, ownership on VOWD accruals, analysis with valid comments on Budget Vs actuals Vs LE, review Drop to Plant/Completion of assets and its write off, prepare/analysis with commentaries of various MI reports (packs) both internal/external stakeholders including JV.
- Problem solving on daily operations with Learner mindset and strive for Operational Excellence through insightful analysis in Cost, MI packs.
- Contribute to aspects of the business planning and performance management processes (LE/ OP). A strong understanding of financial and management reporting combined with the ability to easily identify value drivers and appropriate performance metrics
- CI Initiative - Identify and implement improvement ideas at respective desk activities to drive operational excellence
- Strong Appetite to further strengthen our Digital Agenda.
- Should have adequate knowledge and understanding of the various interfaces of all major accounting systems and database applications utilized in their area including but not limited to SAP, BW, BOFC, BPC, Planning One.
- Courage to develop and share opinions with peers, stakeholders, and senior leaders
- Flexibility to balance and adjust priorities for self across short and long-term delivery requirements to help on sustaining work life balance
- Effectively managing the time zone differences when interfacing during the crunch timelines during LE and OP.
What do we need from you?
- Academics – Accounting Graduate – Professionally Qualified or MBA/M.Com experience in Accounting and Reporting - Accounting and Business Finance Roles.
- Individual should be proactive, a creative and pragmatic thinker, looking beyond the scope of requests being made.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Creativity & innovativeness in Problem solving and seeking solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop strong relationships with staff at all levels.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is necessary.
- Aspiration to Learn, Adaptability to Change and Desire to Grow is mandatory.
- Normal working shift 2 to 11pm IST (with degree of flexibility during Book close, LE and OP cycle).