SA/AM - Corporate Finance (Deals) (Petaling Jaya)
KPMG Corporate Finance practice provides advisory services to support clients throughout their deal cycle and growth initiatives.
Our services are broadly categorized into the following segments:
- Valuation (business / shares, intangible assets, financial reporting fair value, litigation support)
- Deal Advisory (M&A deal advisory & support, investment appraisal, market assessment, etc.)
- Strategy (Corporate and capital market advisory, business plan, feasibility study, financial modelling, etc.)
In the Corporate Finance practice, you will work as part of a team of deal and strategy advisors, assisting private and public organisations towards their deal and growth objectives.
As a Senior Associate / Assistant Manager, you are expected to execute delivery of assignments in one or more of our services segments.
The scopes and responsibilities, amongst others, include the following:
- Understand client's requirements, problem statements, deal or transaction objectives, etc.
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis – financial analysis (historical and forecast), build / review financial projections model / valuation model, challenge assumptions, benchmarking exercise, and financial modelling.
- Perform qualitative assessment – industry and market studies and analysis, research and case studies, and risk factors analysis.
- Participate as project team member in brainstorming sessions with Director / Partner.
- Participate as project team member in meetings with clients and other advisers / stakeholders.
- Communicate with clients and third parties for gathering and compilation of information and data.
- Assist in preparation of reports and other deliverables to clients.
- Assist Director / Partner in preparation of pitch proposals.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree and/or professional qualifications in accounting, finance, CFA, economics, engineering (and pursuing CFA, finance or accounting)
- 2 to 4 years working experience in accounting advisory firms / consulting firms in the field of Assurance, Transaction Services, Strategy and/or Financial Modelling
- Team player, working collaboratively to achieve common objectives
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Possess analytical, articulation and writing skills, and good understanding of commercial and business dynamics
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and/or Power BI
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.