Deals, Transaction Services - Valuations - Senior Associate - Amman
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
Our growing Valuations team is seeking to hire a Senior Associate to help us drive success in the Middle East market while supporting your individual professional goals. As the regional market continues to expand, the opportunity for individual and team exposure is tremendous. We are looking for a driven candidate with a passion for Valuations and an ability to be a part of a winning team. The Middle East has been witnessing unprecedented growth in the M&A market, IPO listings as well as transaction volumes in line with the regional government’s ambitious growth targets. As part of our winning Valuations team, you will support in providing independent valuations to help organizations unlock greater deal value and provide transparency in their financial reporting.
What to consider before applying
This role requires the candidate to be based out of our Amman, Jordan office.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive Advisory and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in performing robust business enterprise and equity valuations using the Income Approach, Market Approach and Net Assets Approach methods incorporating sector, deal and/or investment considerations.
- Interpreting the results from the various valuation methods applied and concluding on an appropriate valuation estimate.
- Delivering high quality work products and presenting valuation findings internally.
- Providing support to junior team members in guiding and reviewing their work outputs.
- Building a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally.
- Working with colleagues across all lines of services to deliver valuations involving other project teams.
- Assisting with the development of proposals to win new projects.
- Supporting in risk and quality activities and administrative requirements.
- Keeping up to date with valuation technical/market developments and contributing to thought leadership, technical forums and other practice development initiatives.
- Complying with all risk and quality and administrative requirements.
- Years of Experience: 2+ years of professional experience with a focus on Valuations for Deals and Financial Reporting or similar.
- Minimum Degree Required: Undergraduate degree (bachelor’s degree) or equivalent as a minimum educational requirement
- CFA, qualified ACA or ACCA equivalent designations are preferred.
- Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Travel Requirements: Flexibility to travel. This means we may require you to work away from your base office location where overnight stays may be required. Where possible, we will take your preferences into account and strike a balance between meeting your career development/personal needs and those of the business and our clients.
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of external research databases (e.g., S&P Capital IQ) in quantifying assumptions for the use in valuation models and for general market research.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (prior exposure to or experience in financial modeling).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in analytical tools are preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyze their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients.
- Passion for innovation, technology, and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g., quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges).
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at https://www.pwc.com/m1/en/about-us/life-at-pwc.html
The most connected firm through activity based working
With connectivity being a key enabler of our strategy, our objective is to become the most connected firm - connected to our clients, our communities and to each other. PwC follows an Activity Based Work model, where our PwC professionals engage in a diverse range of meaningful activities from our offices, from client sites, or our homes.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.