Senior Fund Accountant, Portfolio Accounting
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Senior Fund Accountant in Portfolio Accounting is required to execute our reconciliations service delivery. The reconciliations shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Portfolio Accounting Manager and Director. They will facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of operational deliverables (Trade, Cash and Portfolio reconciliations) and work closely with the portfolio accountants under their supervision. Supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture and processing corporate actions are an integral part of the Senior Fund Accountant’s role. They will assist in the development of the team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor. Every Senior Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Preform cash, position and market value reconciliations
- Identify and investigate break items on reconciliations in a timely manner
- Verify corporate actions to ensure accurate processing
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues
- Escalate issues and aged items to Portfolio Accounting Manager
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Portfolio Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the funds industry is desired. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
What we offer
- Premium Health Insurance
- Sports Club Membership
- My Benefit – Cafeteria System
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Support
- Active Sports and Social Committee
- Life Insurance
- Fresh Fruits at the office
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.